What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 2801/981 Set Up (1 Viewer)

Tommy L

Auditioning
Hi Folks...this is my first attempt at setting up a HT system.These are my components: Sony KV-32FS100
Sony DVD/VCR Combo SLV0300P
Denon AVR-2801/981
Scientific Atlanta 3100 Box
I've hooked it up in the following configuration:

1. RF Cable in from wall to Cable In on Box
2. RF Cable out from Box to In from antenna on back of VCR
3. RF Cable out to VHF/UHF connector on monitor
4. A-V Cable(red,wht,yellow) from VCR output to VCR 1 In on
receiver
5. S-Video Out from DVD side to DVD In on receiver
6. Digital Audio Coax out from DVD to Digital Audio Input
on receiver
7. S-Video Out to monitor from back of receiver to S-Video
In on monitor
8. Audio Out (L+R)from monitor to T.V.In on back of receiver

I'm getting my Cable and playback of DVD/VHS...I can't seem to access my On Screen Setup Menu. Have I somehow bypassed something in this configuration? I can't configure my speakers or inputs without this access....What did I do wrong? Denon owners...please help me!!!! Is there a cable mismatch or a setting on the monitor that I need to change?

728x90

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I'd try running just a straight composite (yellow RCA) from the reciever to the TV. I have the 981, and it does do the menu over SVIDEO, but I can't remember if it was something I had to set or not.

There is also a setting somewhere that turns ON SCREEN MENU = ON/OFF. Check your manual and make sure that is enabled.

Tommy L

Auditioning
Hi Matt,
I came home last night with a DVD to watch...my daughter picked up the Denon remote and accidentally pressed a button...Guess what?!?...On Screen menu became enabled!! Apparently you need to select the TV/DBS button 1st and then the system setup:b So all is well with the world...the best dicoveries are by accident. It would have been nice if she could have done it in the A.M.(LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks