Dell Widescreen Monitor

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Steve F M, May 18, 2005.

1. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Anyone know if you can take a 20 in Dell Widescreen Monitor and hook it up to a Hi-Def Cable box via DVI. I'm wondering if I could use this instead of spending the extra money for a LCD TV. I'm worried about the audio hookup to this with the cable box also. Not sure how I would do this.

Anyway to make this work work?

Thanks

2. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

The 20" monitor is a LCD TV. It has all of the inputs of a TV and a computer monitor. So, you should be able to do that with no problem.

3. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

No I'm looking to buy the 20FP2005 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Its not an LCD TV. It does have DVI inputs and was wondering if I could hook up my Comcast HDTV Box to this. I'm hearing different things on if this is possible or not. I would have to run my audio via a receiver which is no big deal but will the video work?

Thanks

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    The video will NOT work if the cable box only outputs to a DVI with HDCP. The monitor doesn't have that (unfortunately). The manual for the cable box should say whether it expects a HDCP-compliant display or not.

-Christian

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Thanks. Thats what I thought but I was hearing different stories on this matter.