What's new

DeepDiscountDVD.....reliable? (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I've been searching onwww.dvdpricesearch.com for the upcoming dvds that I want, and it seems DeepDiscountDVD has the best prices on nearly every title that I want. They seem to have a good feedback rating, but I want to hear from you guys. Should I order my dvds from this place?
-Tom

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
On the few orders I've placed, they've been very reliable. It takes about a week for DVDs to reach me after shipment, which is the downside of their free shipping. You do get what you pay for!
M.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If you upgrade to US Priority Mail, you should receive pre-orders by street date. If you opt for their free shipping, it will take several extra days to receive your order.
I only select US Priority if it's an order I really want quickly (e.g. Die Hard Collection or the Godfather Trilogy). A few extra days wait is usually not a big deal for me if I can save a few dollars.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 7

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I chose free shipping for a pre order a month ago and got the DVD on street date. The reason I got it on release date is that they have a warehouse here in IL. So for West Coast it might take a week.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I've place many orders with them, including 1 this morning.
They are very reliable and have very good customer service. They respond to emails within 24 hrs or less.
Shipping does take longer though. For instance I ordered from DVDEmpire using media mail and the package came a week later. While a package sent by Deepdiscount sent 2 days earlier came several later.
All in all they are worth the wait.
NOTE: like other sites you have to check up on their pricing of pre-orders. Sometimes they lower their prices but will bill you at the price you ordered at. If you contact them they will give the lower price. For example, when I ordered the Die Hard ultimate collection on 5/16/01 they were selling it for 58.56. I had a 10% off coupon so got it for 52.70. Now they have it listed at 52.80 (or close to that) which is a few cents more than I paid with the discount.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I think the real reason to order from DeepDiscountDVD is that they have customer service. You can either phone or e-mail them and either way, you get a fast, friendly response. One of the DVDs I ordered hadn't showed up in 2 weeks and they sent me a replacement DVD with no hassle.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks