What's new
World Wide Stereo

Decent quality SACD for 200-250.00 (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Looking for a Christmas gift for myself. No DVD-Video player needed, but DVD-A might be nice, but not a requirement. Single or Changer.

Hooking up to a Denon 3805, but I'm low on cash. Refurbed is ok.

Thanks for any comments !

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Might shop around for the Sony 2000ES (CD/SACD) I think MSRP is $400 but I think it can be found in your price range online. Sonys don't do DVD-A though.

I think the Samsung HD950 can also be found around that price and I believe it does DVD-A also. Secrets didn't give it the best review, but you can't expect perfection in the price range.

Other than that, used might be a good place to look. I'd say you should have no problem finding the Denon 2200 for $250 and it's a pretty good all around unit for both video and audio (I owned one).

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
You might also check the Pioneer DV-588A. Does DVD-A and SACD at a very reasonable price.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Thanks folks ! This is replacing a refurbed Denon Changer whose laser finally died after 4 yrs (can't complain).

The Sony 2000ES looks good - thanks again !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks