What's new

Dead Like Me cancelled (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i didn't like the movie at all. but then i didn't really like the 2nd season that much either. i really liked the 1st season though.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished watching this. I enjoyed seeing the characters again--though I admit Mason never did anything for me, and Wynter was more of a miss than a hit.

I enjoyed the theme of breaking reaper rules, however I really had a hard time getting past two rules that were shattered:

I didn't like how George revealed herself to Reggie. I can't explain it other than it completely went against everything the show set up and was based on. It felt more like a parody of ghost/haunting movies, where a former dead family member comes back to revisit or haunt the living. And that Reggie accepted it so easily without much shock or hesitation or even anger, bothered me too.

I didn't like how they cut Cameron up into pieces and he was, apparently, dead. How in the world can you kill someone who has already died? I can no longer remember specific episodes and themes of the first two seasons, but I'd have to imagine that this was brought up at one point. Just seemed far too odd to me.
I watched the featurette on the DVD, but it was far too short. Can anyone explain how and why this show was resurrected?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Reggie always believed George was alive in some form, so it didn't bother me. I liked that that finally happened, though the established idea that George would lose her memories if she attempted contact seemed to fall by the wayside as soon as the concept was introduced.

As for Cameron, the "death" wouldn't take. That's why they cremated him (though I doubt a fireplace fire would do it) and shot his ashes into space. If he can reconstitute, he'll have a hard time getting back to earth. A silly concept all around, and I could have done without the character entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks