What's new

Dead Can Dance 3CD Box Set (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone bought the DCD boxset yet? If not you are missing out on a fantastic set, which also includes a DVD that I haven't been able to watch yet, but hope to this weekend.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
Hi!

I just know im getting it for christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have all dcd cd's except aion. i have the video too.

DCD are one of my favorite bands ever. the video is one of my top ten movies of all time!!!!how did you find out about DCD?

Tony Stirling

Stunt Coordinator
I picked it up recently. Not disappointed in the least. While most of the tracks have been released (on the individual CDs) there are a couple of unreleased songs from the John Peel sessions on Disc one. Those songs are in the older style (like the first Dead Can Dance cd)--good stuff.

As a whole, the set is nice, and a good way to get into thier stuff. The DVD is the Toward the Within concert that was released on VHS and LD a few years ago. I like it, and I think those of you who are familier with DCD will, too, but it's definately a low-key performance, for the most part. Some stand outs are the opening track Rakim and especially Cantara.

A very good collection and not a bad price with the DVD.

enjoy

tony

Tony Stirling

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, for those of you who are unfamilier with DCD, Lisa Gerrard has one of the best female voices around, and she's a very talented musician. You will have heard her most recently on the "Gladiator" soundtrack. So there you go.

tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks