What's new

DDD 20% off sale Now Extended until 11/23/06 (1 Viewer)

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator

GAWD, you don't want to know how much $$$$ I have had in that shopping cart over the past week! Pulled the trigger on NCIS S2 today. Getting Doctor Who and probably Looney Tunes tomorrow, maybe House S2 (S1 is cheaper at Overstock)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My sentiments exactly. And I'M only looking at a handful of titles! Must...pull...trigger!

I'm glad Scott put the dates of the sale right in the title of the thread...so, hopefully, there will be no posts from people on the 19th complaining that they can't believe they missed the sale!

Mary_P

Second Unit
Surely you can't think a little thing like having the dates right in the subject line is going to stop them? :laugh:

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of dvdpricesearch, that site makes comparison shopping easy. Here are a couple customization tips that may help.
  • Select PREFERENCES in the menu bar and specify your location to have it calculate shipping and taxes automatically.
  • Select MY COUPONS with Store: Deep Discount DVD, Amount: 20 and choose percent discount to adjust pricing for the sale.
I create a new wishlist at Amazon for each order, e.g. DDD 11-10-06 and DDD 11-14-06. Then I write DDD's price in the Comment field for each item. That way I can get instant updates on Amazon prices for comparison with DDD's initial price. When I actually place an order, I copy the order wishlist to a DDD pending wishlist for a summary listing of all outstanding items to make sure nothing is omitted or duplicated. I only wish DDD's storefront was as powerful and robust as Amazon's

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I aim to please. :)

I placed a 2nd ordr yesterday for this week's releases and some other odds and ends. I spent a little more than I wanted, but that's the point of DVD collecting, right?

But it makes me feel better when I see posts like one I saw at DVDTalk, where someone said he made "just one small order," which totaled $450+.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I'm ordering a lot more than I expected to this time around. Some of its probably going to end up going back too ( I did that after the summer sale, had buyers remorse and sent back half of what I'd ordered). Thing is, I have a ton of stuff to unload on ebay, and if I can make a good dent in that pile, I should be able to subsidize a good portion of these orders.

at least thats my rationalization. Till then, the CC statements are not going to be a pretty sight.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
This is the first time I've ordered from this place so I have a quick question. I placed an order last Friday and nothing has shipped yet. Do they hold all orders until everything is available to ship? I've got three items still on backorder.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Tuesday I got an email from DDD that the order I placed on 11/10 (Friday) was shipped. Now it's small - only 6 items - and everything was in stock, so they got rid of it.
I'm guessing that if couple of the backorder items is coming in before Saturday (supposition since I do not know when they get shipments from their suppliers), DDD might have decided to wait in order to ship the entire thing.
I was surprised when I made an order on Tuesday - getting newly released items ;) - that Looney Tunes Golden Collection vol.4 was already on backorder. Either it was a VERY popular item or their shipment must have been delayed.
There is a couple more minor items on my want list but for the most part I've gotten what I planned for this sale. The only real disappointment ?? was that the sale was this week instead of next week when I could have added the Animated Star Trek. Oh well. I'm still going to be busy watching for a few weeks.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
A bit off topic, but aren't there content integrity issues with this release (missing content)? I didn't even know about this newer release until just now but did a bit of Google-ing and found some info on it.

Back on topic, my wife and I probably spent over $700 at DDD during last year's November 20% off sale, but our Christmas budget is considerably less this year. Babies happen :) Still, DDD will get some money from us again. I've never had problems with their replacement service for damaged goods, and their prices overall are still the best.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks Robert.

When I checked my order status I realized that I had placed a previous order with them but canceled it after waiting six weeks and the item remaining on backorder (Warner's Classic Comedy Collection). I ordered all of those Vintage World Series DVDs for my father and I don't need them until Christmas but I'm still not fond about waiting this long.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know why I waited until today...but I finally placed my HUGE order. :D

These ARE terrific prices on these two items:

I don't see any way to beat that price for CSI: Season 6. And, while I didn't get to my local wholesale club this week, any other place I checked had fairly high prices on The Green Mile (Target = $14.99, Wal-Mart = $13.99).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have had to cut back on my DVD purchases. I just bought a 55" Sony SXRD, so I don't have a lot of disposable $$ for DVDs right now.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note that there are some RIDICULOUS deals at Amazon right now. The entire Dr. Who Key To Time set is only $50!

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Extension- fun.

Placed my order today before knowing about the extra time, but it's nice to see next Tuesday's releases in play now (the Fish Called Wanda special being the most desirable to me).

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Has DDD's shipping slowed down? I placed an order Wednesday morning, and it's still being processed.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
My order placed on 11/15 shows "in process" for everything,too. Also. I didn't receive the two e-mail confirmations, they usually send either. Or an e-mail confirmation of a shipped backordered item that now shows shipped at the site. So I guess they are having problems and or a very successful sale. I e-mailed them yesterday about the missing e-mails and another problem. They sent an unsatisfactory form response about my second problem but nothing mentioned about the missing confirmation e-mails.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks