What's new

Dayton sub vs. Velodyne, Klipsch, Definitive Technology (1 Viewer)

GraysonAng

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I've been hearing good things about the Dayton 10" powered sub for $124 from partsexpress. How does this sub compare to Velodyne, Klipsch, Definitive technology, Hsu, etc?

Would you buy the sub from parts express ($140 shipped) or go for one of the other subs from Ebay for around $200 shipped?

Thanks,
Grayson

TosH

Agent
What particular models are you looking at in comparison to the Dayton? Regardless, if you can find one of the current model Hsu subs for $200 shipped, I'd hop all over that. In fact, I'd be happy to return my Dayton and pick up a Hsu STF-1 (or any Hsu) for $200 shipped if you could just point the way :D

GraysonAng

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see any HSU subs for $200 shipped, but I may be able to get subs like the following:

Energy EXL-S10
Boston Acoustics PV600
Energy ES-8
Pinnacle Subsonic
Velodyne CT-120
Klipsch KSW-12
NHT Subone i

I don't know what the auctions will end at, but if I'm patient, I may be able to get these for $200 shipped. Just wondering how the Dayton compared and whether it is worth it extra $60.

Thanks,
Grayson

TosH

Agent
All of those subs you listed retail for significantly more than the Dayton or even $200 so you're looking at a different class of subs altogether. I haven't heard any of them personally but I'd guess that any of those subs will equal or outperform the Dayton (most likely the latter). Hop on over to audioreview.com and check out the reviews on each sub to get an idea of what to expect. BTW, that Pinnacle for $200 shipped would be close to highway robbery IMHO. ;)

In that price range you'd probably want to look at the Velodyne VX-10 or CHT-8 models. Both can be had for around $200 or less without going through auction hassles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks