What's new

Dawson's Creek - The Pilot - 3/19/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
OMG! I just watched the pilot, and if that wasn't the best 1 hour ad for a season set, I don't know what is.

I started watching Dawson's Creek around 2 years ago, so it's sort of interesting to see how it began with the pilot, but with the knowledge of what happened in their transition from high school life and relationships to the current (and last) season.

I'm tempted to get the season set now that I've seen the pilot episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And then I find this article on how TBS will be showing 4 hours of Dawson's Creek on the weekdays starting March 31st in a joint venture to drum up viewership for the final run of episodes on the WB. Episodes will air from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the weekdays.

Here's the article.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I was big into the show back in high school and some into college. Then it just became ridiculous. Same ol' BullS&&* every year. I got tired of it.

But the old stuff was very good. I couldn't quite get into the college years (partly because of school) too much although I've heard it's gotten good again. I'll try to catch the old episodes. Those I enjoy.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, the series was great when it first started. A little corny, but still entertaining. It was much better when it wasn't all about "Who's sleeping with who?"

I'd say the first 3 seasons are good, Sophomore/Junior year. When season 4 rolled around and the Pacey/Dawson/Joey thing happened...things were bad.

I'm skipping the final 3 seasons on DVD.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
The first season is still my favorite. It's really well done. The way it ends allows the season to stand on its own. They could have never made another season and it would have been fine with me. (Some of the later stuff kind of makes me wish they had stopped)

I've got the first season taped. I've also got the original pre-release pilot. The only real difference between the two is the music. I'll probably get this season on DVD, but likely won't get any of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks