What's new

DAWN OF THE DEAD Image Quality????? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I have a Panasonic theater in a box from a couple years ago, the number escapes me though.

I'm with robert on this, I think it's just a bad batch, the bottom of my disc also looked milky. Was yours like this Robert?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I received my copy in the mail yesterday and watched it last night. Having seen it in the theater when it came out and having bought the movie on VHS years ago for around 80 bucks, I can honestly say this is the best PQ on the film I can remember ever seeing it. I experienced a momentary layer change lapse between chapters 13 and 14, but no lockups on my 2 year old Panasonic DVD player. I would say the transfer is excellent. I was amazed at the detail I was missing whenever I watched either of my 2 VHS copies of this film. Kudos to Anchor Bay.

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator

Kevin, did you receive the new version of the DVD from Netflix? They're still showing the pic of the case from the previous release so I've been hesitant to queue it up for rental.

Thanks,
John

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes, it was the Divamax version. (psst, I got it a week before it hit stores...shhhhh)

BTW I tried it on my Yamaha, Pioneer LD/DVD & PS2 and it locked up on all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks