What's new

Dawn of the Dead, Argento cut (1 Viewer)

Dean Harris

Auditioning
I've seen a number of people commenting on the Dutch R2 DVD of Argento's cut of Dawn of the Dead but haven't seen anything yet on the R2 Italian release. This one is anamorphic widescreen and includes the English soundtrack, so it sounds more attractive to me than the fullscreen Dutch one. Has anyone actually seen this disc that can provide an opinion?

-Dean

Dean Harris

Auditioning
Well, I have the expanded cut on laserdisc and the Anchor Bay theatrical one on DVD. The only cut I really like, though, is the Argento one (which I do have on VHS, duped from the old Japanese laser) and I don't want to shell out the bucks to repurchase the versions I already have and will, most likely, never watch again anyway, no matter how good they look after being remastered.

-Dean

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Why don't you just wait for the Anchor Bay 3 disc set with all 3 cuts?
Because of the way AB has done with many movies.

I think it will be at 1.85:1 and I don't think this is the right OAR. We all saw what they did on Evil dead.

I have the 1995 japanese LD box-set with the Dir cut and Argentos cut in great quality, SUPERB box with a BIG 12-14 side booklet and 2 gatefold covers and a short on camera interview. THIS is all I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks