What's new

Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4K (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Kind of upset that the standard release (I got the LE) has box color more in line with the original poster art. Oh well, I can always buy this version too.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Just keep in mind the blu-rays are locked to region B.

Robert Saccone

Premium

Attachments

• IMG_6711.jpeg
    IMG_6711.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I watched this with my brother, sister (extended cut: my favorite--more time in the mall), and their families for a movie night yesterday. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and they were curious about the other "Dead" movies from Romero after screening it.

Then we watched Vincent Price in a 3D presentation of "House of Wax". That really impressed everyone. This is what the hobby of collecting movie discs is all about.

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Is this the version to get?

Thanks for that link. I had to order it for old time sake. My wife (of 55 years) and I saw Night and Dawn multiple times at drive-ins when they were first released. People slowly shuffling in stones past your car on their way to and from the snack bar really added to the creepiness. It's like being IN the movie, especially Night. We had vhs, and DVDs, but can't find them since our move. I still have the 1978 hardcover book of Dawn, and First Edition of The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh. Since our move, I upgraded my all-region BD player (for silent films) and 40" TV to an all-region 4K player and 65" Sony 4K TV. After 3 years, my only 4K disc is Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Looking forward to the 4K extended cut, and special features disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks