What's new

David Elias, "The Window," Pure DSD (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Just had my first listen to this hybrid disc. Listened in multi-channel SACD and a bit to the 2-channel SACD mix. Have not listened to the CD layer yet. Actually liked the multi-channel mix which is rare for me. Definitely among the best discs I've heard sonically. The disc can be ordered at www.davidelias.com www.cdbaby.com or www.acousticsounds.com. Here is what cdbaby.com says about the music:
"SONGWRITER RECOGNITION: Often compared to John Prine, early Bob Dylan and Springsteen, and even Nick Drake, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt and other powerful lyricists and songwriters, David Elias is recognized by many for poetic high-image lyrics and sparse but gut-wrenching acoustic arrangements.

David performs in the SF Bay Area as a solo act as well as high-energy foot stomping shows with The Great Unknown. He's been referred to as "the best songwriter in America". Read lots of reviews on the web site at www.davidelias.com

I would call the musc folkish with a hint of bluegrass. MP3 sound clips can be heard at: http://www.besonic.com/User/0,1391,g...719977,FF.html

george king

Supporting Actor
I got the SACD on Friday and have listened to it quite a bit, in 2 channel (Redbook and SACD). This is a very nice CD with excellent sonics, particularly the SACD layer.

Phil's description is spot on - bluegrass/folk, and he does sound a lot like a young John Prine (without some of the grit).

It is well worth a listen, and I love CDbaby. I have been buying a fair amount of stuff from them, and they sent a free CD with my David Elias order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks