What's new

Darnit! Repair a KP57WV700? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I am debating this. We just moved into our new house, and while everything came together OK with no major problems, my KP57WV700 set was scratched. At the bottom of the screen, toward the middle left, there is a scathe about 1 cm wide and about 2" tall.

It is not "nightmarish" can't watch TV type of thing, but it is going to annoy me to no end that it occurred.

What solutions are there to fix this? I assume replace the screen if that's possible.. or is that just it for the unit? I can't find an authorized svc. center here in KC either.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

If the plexiglass is scratched ... just replace it or remove it.

Any repair shop that handles Sony can order the part ... or a glass shop can cut to order a piece of plexiglass ...

regards

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's just the plexiglass front. I can't figure out how it comes off, though, it seems almost glued attached. Any idea how much that costs?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
this is the set where the plexi goes right to the edges correct? (with a 1-2" black border).

If so, you need to remove the front panel and then remove the 4 brackets on the back. The plexi will then come off. Re assemble and add some weatherstripping to fill in the space. You will also have to deal with the autofocus wires, which can be disconnnected from the back of the set (you will have to remove the rear access panel)....Make sure the set is off.

When done you will have a "unfinished" border around the set which was previously covered by the built in black border. Many clients just buy some wood / plastic trim and glue it on to the set to cover up the unfinished border.

Best of luck!!

Gregg

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ah! Thanks for the advice. I'll just have to figure out the costs. For right now, I'll live with it (it's small) and change it soon.. I just need to figure the overall cost of project next. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks