What's new

Darkness Falls 4/29 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
No details so far other than a DD 5.1 soundtrack and a MSRP of $26.95, but that's the street date from Columbia.

Hmm. 1/24/03 in theaters, 4/29/03 on video.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Seems like Columbia always shortens their windows when it comes to the DVD release. But that's TOO soon, not even 3 months. I didn't think it was doing too bad or anything, about what you can expect from a horror movie these days. I wonder how fast National Security will arrive, not that I liked it or anything:thumbsdown: .

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I just saw the flick this past weekend and was pleasently suprised. Thought it was a good turn on the old Haunted Town genre. Hope we get an SE.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Liked it. Sound was excellent.
Have to say I was hoping for DTS.
Just an excuse for them to put it out as a Superbit later.
"Look at the improved clarity of these dark scenes and the spatiality of those spooky sound effects."
Starting to not like Columbia Tristar. Even when you buy a Special Edition chances are there's a better one around the corner....

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've had my copy here for a few days. The disc has both widescreen 16:9 enhanced and 4:3 pan & scan versions on the same disc, with two audio commentaries, deleted scenes, storyboard comparisons and a documentary of some sort.

Quality looks fine to my untrained eye, though I must point out that the Dolby 5.1 track is a 384kbps. I thought Warner were the only ones still doing this? Also, with both video versions on the same disc, the bitrate is probably lower than it could have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks