What's new

Daredevil 2-disc boxart and early review (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
i'm a comic book geek ( can't wait for X2) but nothing i saw in the DD trailers even remotely interested me
See it! I thought it to be the third best comic adaptation behind Superman and The Crow...every shot in the movie looks like it popped out of a comic...theres a lot of comic references...the entire cast is just great...especially Affleck...Get it!

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
What exactly do you guys want from this cover?? I can understand the gripes over "head shot" covers and 2 minute "slap-and-dash" jobs, but what is wrong with the Daredevil cover?!?

It's a comic book movie, for pete's sake. That's a comic book-style cover!

And Jennifer Garner is hot-looking to boot!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
It is not that great of a cover. It's kind of boring in my opinion. As it has been said, using the poster artwork would look so much better in this case.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I think the cover art is just fine. The poster really had nothing to it anyway, although the red sky was cool. I always liked the UK poster with all four main characters showing but this will do for me anyway. Too bad there has to be a FOOLscreen version taking up widescreen shelf space.

GabrielleG

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Patrick we are picking on this cover because it's fun. And it really isn't the greatest cover. Will we be buying it? Hell yes I'll be knocking over old ladies to get it. The one poster that I have that isn't 27X40 is actually this cheapo 3D poster of Daredevil cool red sky and everything. Now I don't much care for how the other characters are in boxs off to the side but Daredevil looks like he is jumping out at you when you walk by. I think it might have made a cool DVD cover. Possibly expensive though.

Gabrielle

Blu

Screenwriter
I think the cover really gets the point across. It doesn't scream "I'm demented, dark, and dangerous!"
It says I'm fun and based on a comic book.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
is that the sun or the moon behind them?

don't like the art much, but never cared for the movie poster either.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
While I am hyped as all get out for the R-rated director's cut this Christmas that I assume fills in the plot holes and restores the fights scenes to their original glory, I'll definitely be picking this one up. The cover is actually cool to me, kind of a different style than what you normally see. The movie wasn't perfect, but you could tell the writer/director had a genuine love for the source material (namely Frank Miller's run). This movie is worth
the $15 it will likely sell for at the big chains for Colin Farrell's Bullseye alone. Anyone who calls themselves a comic fan owes this at least a rental.

Only thing it's missing is the now patented Fox "NO BLACK BARS - If you never read the comic because you couldn't make out the big words, THIS is your version!" sticker.

Brenton

Screenwriter
:laugh: By using this logic, you can tell that most of the Braille on signs at my high school is riddled with mistakes. And in many cases, the Braille is in a ridiculously high-up or in an inconvenient place. Don't even ask me how they expect a blind student to find it.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Release date is June 10th:

2.35:1 anamorphic
DD 5.1 DTS
Commentary by MSJ and Gary Foster
Two new documentaries "Beyond Hell's Kitchen: Making Dardevil" with enhanced viewing mode and "The Men Without Fear: The Art of Daredevil".
Six Multi-Angle scene studies.
Enhanced Viewing Mode
HBO First Look Special
"Shadow World" a look at how Daredevil sees the world.
Modeling Sheet - character bios
Kingpin featurette
Three music videos - "Bring Me to Life", "Won't Back Down", and "For You".
Jennifer Garner's Screen Test
Still Gallery
Original theatrical Trailer.

GabrielleG

Stunt Coordinator
Oh and just to confirm what we all probably already knew the cover art on CH looks exactly the same as the link that Oscar posted.

Gabrielle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks