What's new

DAA5ES and SVS25-31PCI-Indep Xover Setting? (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I have a new Sony DA5ES and 25-31PCI. I now notice independant xover settings for front,center,surround, and lfe(have them set to std). Any suggestions on this? I have Mirage FRx-7 fronts, MCC center, and infiity inwalls.

Thanks

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Isn't it nice to have these problems! I have a 3802 and wish I had these problems. A bunch of 5es owners will be awake soon, but here is my worthless stab. If you have really big hogs for speakers, I would disable the crossover for that speaker( Music is a different criteria than DVD). If you have average speakers, then I would set it at or slightly below you sub crossover. Just be sure you don't have any bands missing in the audio spectrum. Also turn your sub crossover off or set it very high on the sub speaker. Clear as mud????

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I posted a similar question and got one response. Search for my posts, the person said basically set crossover about 20Hz over the speaker's rating.

Now can someone help me with the 3rd room volume? :)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Thanks Phil, I went back and checked out your old posts and threads(this forum software is awesome). I will try the 20Hz over. What did you set your rec subwoofer gain(I have mine at -7) and your sub volume(10 o'clock). I am really enjoying playing with this machine:D :D

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Chicago Blackhawks??? I haven't played with the sub settings. I had relatives over so I haven't had much time to play with all the settings.

I have the Cambridge 500 powered sub so it has all its only separate volume settings. I do seem to have more bass with the 5es. So far so good!

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Originally from Chicago area and yes they are going to make the playoffs:D I will look forward to later post from you on your Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks