What's new

CSI: Miami season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 premiere "Lost Son"

Rory Cochran got tired of the gig, so he asked to be written out of the show, and the producers complied.

Damn, did Speed bleed out like a mofo or what?

So Speed's death was indirectly the result of poor gun hygiene? Haha.

Does Tom Cruise's cousin, William Mopother, always play scumbags? (He was the Keller dude).

Eric (Adam Rodriguez) is such a poor actor.

Looks like Sophia Milos is now a regular on the show.

Botti Bliss's part cracked me up because it was just a throwaway "deliver H some lab results" part. I know she's better than that.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
ah, i see.. i was curious as to the reason they got rid of speedy...

CSI Miami's always been MEH... cant wait for CSI:NY and the LV premier!!!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I think they went a little overboard on the forshadowing of his death in those two scenes.

I am sad to see him go, I thought he did a good job with the character.

And yes he did bleed quite a bit, but I'm trying to figure out how could he have died from that shot, many people have been shot there and lived. And did they have to say it was because of his gun not being clean? Can't they let him die without it being his fault?

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Not having known beforehand, we guessed at it last night (who would go) and made the politically correct choice...kill the white guy!

I was not impressed with the episode, but to be fair it's probably because I'm tired of David (damn I'm a fine ACTor) Caruso, and the creeepy coroner (especially last night).

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I thought they set this up well based on previous episodes, and in this one, by showing his negligence with his(and others) equipment.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Interesting episode. I still think the original CSI is better, but CSI: MIAMI does have stand-out episodes from time-to-time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/27/04

I thought this was an entertaining episode considering how "in yo face" the bad guy playing lawyer was throughout the episode, which just made the CSI gang more determine to nail him. Now, the whole "H is so sensitive to kids" stuff just gets a little creepy the 3rd time around.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Was it just me or did it seem like this episode consisted of pieces from a bunch of other episodes, with nothing original? I thought this one was rather dull. They didn't even reference last week's death(unless I missed it).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
The thing that struck me as odd for the 2nd show was NO mention of Speed, they forgot him that quickly...? No sorrow or anything. :frowning:

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
I did not like the way they treated that homeowner just for defending himself and his guests. (If it were set in Canada, though, I could understand it.)
And why stick him in with the general population just for contempt of court?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

Heh, I noticed that when the next day, they ran the normal CSI: Miami trailer with the "pose" at the end w/o Speedle. Yep, mourning is over.

I agree, they sure trashed his character by eluding that he was neglegent with his and others equipment. I don't recall this being an ongoing thing in the previous seasons.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
There was an episode where he got in trouble for not maitaining his gun, so this didn't come out of the blue.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/4/04

So they finally find Speed's replacement, a traffic cop named Wolf with a BA in Chemistry and working on his Masters in Genetics, and has a bit of OCD w/r/t cleaning his guns. His first big case is working on a case where Calleigh's drunk of a father can't remember if he hit someone while drunk, but his SUV has some paint scrapes on the front left bumper and fender. Calleigh has her father drink outside the police station in order to ward off BAC evidence to the contrary. Calleigh was understandably concerned about having a rookie work on her father's case, but the rookie overcame some minor oversights and got it right.

The other case was a little too obvious once the obsessive girlfriend wannabe shows up and had opportunity to do things to endear herself for the advancement of the object of her desire to curry his favor. But glad to see a Dawson's Creek alum (Meredith Monroe) get some face time on TV again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks