Crowded House-Dreaming the Videos

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Lucas, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Matt Lucas

Matt Lucas Stunt Coordinator

Hello all---

I know there are a few Finn fans on the forum. Last week, Capitol released the first US DVD compilation of Crowded House video clips, Dreaming the Videos. Goofy title, I know. But the good news is that nearly every video the band made during their short tenure is included [for some reason, "Instinct" and "Fingers of Love" were left off], and the disc includes a 22-minute bonus interview from the early days. I just got my copy yesterday, and, thanks to my two-year-old's obsession with Monsters, Inc., I'm not able to do a complete viewing. From the short bits I saw, the video isn't exactly stunning, which means little or no restoration was done. The audio sounded crisp and clear---it's great to hear Nick Seymour's bass thumping from the sub speaker. The packaging states the audio is remixed for DD5.1, but from what I could tell during my brief listen, most of the sound is up front with only a bit of reverb in the rears. [For a more adventurous remix of Crowded House music, see the recent DVD-A release of the band's first album. Lots of vocals and instruments that were previously buried in the mix are revealed in a very active surround mix.]

Tracks: Mean To Me; Now We're Getting Somewhere; Don't Dream It's Over; Something So Strong; World Where You Live; Better Be Home Soon; Sister Madly (Live at The State Theatre); When You Come; Into Temptation; I Feel Possessed; It's Only Natural; Chocolate Cake; Fall At Your Feet; Weather With You; Four Seasons In One Day; Distant Sun; Nails In My Feet; Locked Out; Private Universe; Not The Girl You Think You Are; Everything Is Good For You. Features: Catch 22 Interview

cheers
    mattl

2. Runar_R

Runar_R Second Unit

Thanks for the news, as I hadn't heard anything about this release earlier. Now if only their final consert from Sydney could get released.......

3. Matt Lucas

Matt Lucas Stunt Coordinator

According to the band's fan club representative [see frenz.com for more information], the tentative plan is for a more thorough CH DVD release in late 2003. [A Split Enz DVD release could happen sooner, as it's already being created.] The Farewell to the World concert may be included as part of the CH DVD, but that's not been decided. Apparently, there are some technical issues due to audio drop-outs, etc.

By the way, I read that a UK version of Dreaming the Videos will be released later this month.

mattl