What's new

Criterion Samurai 1,2,& 3. (1 Viewer)

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have these movies? I've never seen them, but after hearing that Shogun will most likely never get to DVD, and remembering how interesting feudal Japan is, I'm thinking about getting them.(Whoa, long sentence. :) )
Any other good Samurai movies out there?

Michael Dehaven

Stunt Coordinator
go to www.mrqe.com
These are pretty good films, an acquired taste I think.There is also Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Sanjuro, and Yojimbo. All those are from Kurosawa and Criterion.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Seven Samurai

Hidden Fortress

These are all by Akira Kurosawa and are available on DVD by way of the Criterion Collection. If you like Samurai movies, these are MUST see!!

edit: Michael beat me to it!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Samurai trilogy has been on my must-buy list for a long time. I really need to pony up the dough for them! While we're on the subject, anyone else want to see Gate of Hell on dvd?

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link Michael, I haven't seen that site before. I'm new to the HT area and I think I'm in trouble. Before discovering HTF, getting rid of my old Technics two channel system, and getting my 595, JBL and sub, I only had three DVD's. Now I've bought ten in the last month!:eek:
Damn this forum. What have you done to me!:D

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
The Samurai trilogy is fantastic! Okay, so we haven't watched part three yet (which is supposed to be the best of the three), but the first two were spectacular. The only problem I had was that the film is a bit dark, especially during the action sequences. The story and the acting is great, though.

If you're interested in these three, I would also recommend Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro & Chushingura. DVD Planet currently has their Criterion discs on sale, so the investment won't be as painful right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks