What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: Moonage Daydream (2022) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IonvshUYAMoLhc1c7VPZHhOiNQKbgP_large.jpg
An ecstatic voyage through the creative and spiritual universe of David Bowie, Moonage Daydream is a fittingly unclassifiable tribute to the shape-shifting rock iconoclast and his singular sound and vision. Exploding the conventions of the music documentary, director Brett Morgen remixes dazzling, never-before-seen footage of the artist throughout his career, reveling in his otherworldly presence while revealing the restless philosophical inquiry that guided his myriad metamorphoses. Graced with soulful narration by Bowie, this immersive audiovisual head rush transmits the essence of a phenomenon that cannot be explained—only experienced.

FILM INFO​

• United States
  • 134 minutes
  • Color/Black and White
  • 1.78:1
  • English
  • Spine #1192

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• 4K digital master, supervised by writer-director-editor-producer Brett Morgen, with Dolby Atmos and stereo soundtracks
    • One 4K UHD disc of the film and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
    • Audio commentary featuring Morgen
    • Q&A with Morgen, filmmaker Mark Romanek, and musician Mike Garson at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood
    • Interview with rerecording mixers David Giammarco and Paul Massey
    • Trailer
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • PLUS: An essay by film critic Jonathan Romney and a collectible poster insert

New cover by Empire Design

September 26, 2023

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Wow - this was a surprise! It's already had a US blu-ray release last year - with zero supplements - and I saw it after The Velvet Underground; quite a similar vibe and they make a great double-bill. The 5.1 soundtrack on the blu-ray was really good, but I expect the Atmos on the Criterion to take it to another level.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Hated this "documentary" when I saw it last year.

Will I like it better a 2nd time? Probably not, but will give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks