What's new

Criterion DEAD RINGERS commentary problem? (1 Viewer)

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
I recently picked up the Criterion DEAD RINGERS DVD used to replace my laserdisc box set. I was dissapointed to find that the commentary track does not play on my Pioneer DV-414. All I get is silence on the second audio track. But the commentary plays fine on my PC DVD-Rom drive. Has anyone else had a problem with commentary tracks on DEAD RINGERS or any other Criterions? I am wondering if this is a fluke or a problem with this disc and my player.

Real Name
Anthony
Forgive me - this is a post from a long time ago, but it's something I've always been meaning to mention and I only now did a search on the subject.

I have exactly this problem with the commentary on the Criterion DEAD RINGERS and my player's a Pioneer 505. I've never had this problem on any other disc ever. I haven't yet tried the disc on another player so I don't know if it's specific to Pioneer.

Weird, huh ? Anyone got a theory as to why this might be ?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Dead Ringers had two printings. The Second Printing corrected a problem with the commentary track that was present on the First Printing. Check the back of your cases to see which printing you have.
DJ

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My only problem is that I didn't pick up Dead Ringers while it was avaliable - DOH!

Real Name
Anthony
Just tried my copy of DEAD RINGERS on a Panasonic and the commentary plays fine. Wonder why there's an incompatibility with Pioneer on this track ? No such problem on any other Criterions. What could cause this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks