What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Reminder -- Criterion.com Flash Sale may be on for tomorrow Oct 17 starting Noon ET. No announcement yet, but 3rd Tuesday is common and Streaming people started getting their $10 Promo Codes so a good chance

Hmmm... in quickly checking my emails, they apparently also sent a $20(!) code to charter subscribers to celebrate TCC's birthday back in April (in addition to the usual semiannual $10 one that precedes a flash sale). Seems like they started sending the extra gift code for charter subscribers a year ago (though the previous one was $10, not $20).

So if anyone's a charter subscriber, should probably doublecheck your emails -- you might have the extra $20 code sitting there waiting to be used from early-April after the last flash sale...

_Man_

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Hmmm... in quickly checking my emails, they apparently also sent a $20(!) code to charter subscribers to celebrate TCC's birthday back in April (in addition to the usual semiannual $10 one that precedes a flash sale). Seems like they started sending the extra gift code for charter subscribers a year ago (though the previous one was $10, not $20).

So if anyone's a charter subscriber, should probably doublecheck your emails -- you might have the extra $20 code sitting there waiting to be used from early-April after the last flash sale...

_Man_
Lucky you! I'm a charter subscriber and I only got a $10 gift certificate, plus another $10 certificate in anticipation of tomorrow's sale--that one for being a Criterion.com shopper.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

_Man_
Lucky you! I'm a charter subscriber and I only got a $10 gift certificate, plus another $10 certificate in anticipation of tomorrow's sale--that one for being a Criterion.com shopper.
I'm a Criterion Channel charter subscriber and my April email contained a $20 gift card.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Check/search your old emails again. The $20 GC Crawdaddy and I received was from early April (*after* the last flash sale... and different from the $10 GC they also sent just *before* that flash sale). And yes, there was also another $10 GC from the other day as David mentioned (and probably what you're referencing) -- I apparently received mine last Friday.

In all, makes me very glad to keep my TCC subscription going indefinitely... :cool:

_Man_

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Another month of UHD reissues and films I have seen and would never, ever want to own. However that's my own opinion.

And not mine. Other than the Chantal Akerman set (nothing against CA, just doesn't excite me overmuch) everything is a solid gem for me. Especially Mudbound, Lone Star (on UHD, to boot!), and the Apu Trilogy on UHD.

plektret

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
What happened to this company? The video compression is almost always poor and they also use additional low-pass filtering to ease the job. They use more noise reduction on the audio than any other boutique label. They are good for pretty product presentation/packaging and extras. That's it. I used to be a big fan, my favorite boutique label even, but nowadays I just get disappointment everytime they announce a title a want because I know the technical presentation will be subpar. I only buy Criterion when there's no other option available. They just don't care anymore. I hope someone will rescue Roeg's Walkabout. So sad.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I updated the sticky thread in the DEALS section, but heads up that the Barnes & Noble 50% off MSRP Sale is due to start soon. Some confusing information being given by BN Employees, but the SALE will either start Friday Nov 3 or Monday Nov 6 and appears to run though Cybermonday December 4th
I was just at my local Barnes & Noble store and the clerk at the front desk confirmed that the Criterion 50% Off sale will begin tomorrow, November 6th. Get your wish list ready!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Finally!! Not only are they releasing a movie I want (The Roaring Twenties) for the first time since their late 2022 release of Arsenic And Old Lace, but they're releasing it on 4K to boot! I'm definitely getting that one!!
Not familiar with The Roaring Twenties, but it looks intriguing.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Upcoming UK releases
December 2023:
The Circus (Blu-ray)
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (Dual-format UHD/Blu-ray and Blu-ray editions)

January 2024:
La Bamba (Blu-ray)
Thelma and Louise (Dual-format UHD/Blu-ray and Blu-ray editions)

February 2024:
Mudbound (Blu-ray)
Lone Star (Dual-format UHD/Blu-ray and Blu-ray editions)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hoping for a decent month this time! There are so many great films out there whose only/best hope for a quality HD or 4k physical release is Criterion.

Typically, we should expect an announcement today. However, being a holiday I am not certain if Criterion will push announcement to tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks