What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
There are Adam Sandler movies, and there are movies featuring Adam Sandler. Two very different things. The five films in the latter category -- Punch-Drunk Love, Spanglish, Reign Over Me, Funny People and Men, Women & Children -- all have their merits, but Punch-Drunk Love is the only one that stands out as a Criterion candidate.

Yeah, like I said: Punch-Drunk Love is NOT an "Adam Sandler Movie", it's a "movie that just happens to star Adam Sandler", Big difference.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Anyone care to guess?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 51

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anyone care to guess?
70336-standard.jpg

The Boys from Syracuse ...
"Area code 315 is a telephone area code in upstate New York. It stretches from the western side of Wayne County to Little Falls, north to the Canada–United States border, east to Massena and south to near Cortland. Most of its population lives in Syracuse and its suburbs."

Or "Dog Waiting for Piece of Birthday Cake from Senior Master" translated from the French ;)

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mondo Cane?

It was a huge hit in it's day. However there were too many scenes that were later proved to be faked. It was the same for the director's other similar documentaries. The Mondo Cane theme song was most memorable. Mondo Cane is Italian for 'dogs life'.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Yes, and one of mine happens to be collecting movies, so...

"Here's to the... habit. It's the only one I got that don't get me into trouble."

Yes, my Australian friend, that quote, also could not possibly be any more applicable to yours truly. Take care there, and hope that you and yours are now enjoying some good movies in the land of "down under".

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
A possible heads up -- there is some rumblings on teh Criterion Forum about a possible Flash Sale today (or at worse tomorrow).

The move of the three this weeks releases from 10/18 to today just on the website, Shipping has now been moved to "Ships in 3 Days" which has been a 'sign' in the past, and an odd post alert on Twitter last night sent up some red flags.

More in about an hour since usually the sales have started around noon ET

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
FLASH SALE at Criterion.com now live for next 24 (maybe 25hrs) -- 50% all instock DVD and Blurays

Promo code DOLLS (case sensitive).

FS at $50
Sales tax only for NY and KY based on past sales.

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Even with out lousy exchange and shipping this is still a good deal compared to amazon.ca. I bought a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks