What's new

Creature Comforts Season 1(2007) (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Starting June 4th (Mon) CBS will have an ALL NEW Creature Comforts show.

I think they have seven episodes ordered to air.

It's been awhile since I've seen the original version, but remember its quite entertaining. I just hope they kep the same type of humore.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, it will be interesting to see if this translates well to American viewers. I hope it does. I notice they actually show a bit of them recording the people talking in the previews. I wonder if they are going to do this in this new version? I don't remember them doing this in the UK one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

You mean they actually show the actual people they interviewed?

They better not do this

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, in one of the commercials/preview of the show, they cut away from the animated stuff to footage of the real people being recorded.

Maybe this is only going to happen at first to let people in on what is happening. When I started watching the UK version on BBCA It took a while for me to figure out that the dialog the animated creatures were speaking was not scripted. It was actually just a recording of people who I don't think knew what it was being used for. Once I figured that out, the show seemed better for some reason.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
From the Washington Post

So, who watched? I thought it was delightful. I'm wondering how this show even made it on commercial American network TV. Curious as to how long it will last as it is a bit sophisticated.To the "suit" who greenlighted it, I say "thanks". Oh, and the dog scene described above was great.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I will never look at Craisins the same way again. :)

The cat in the snake was awesome.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm interested but didn't realize it debuted last night. Is it weekly on Mondays for the summer?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I found the HD version to be spectacular. The colors and details were an eyeful, especially since there were a lot of sight gags in the background.

UngersPride

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
I tuned in and found the show to be a real delight.

I laughed quite a bit. Great idea and will watch it again.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I guess the HD looked so good becuase this type of stuff (like computer animation) uses fewer colors so is able to compress better.

I agree it looked really great.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Darn, even a reminder from mom didn't help me remember to watch this. I bought her the original short as a gift years ago and she's never forgotten it. Glad it's a good one. I'll have to tie a string on my finger for next week. Perhaps I should tell mom to remind me I have a string tied on my finger.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I was able to watch the whole episode on CBS.com through their "Innertube" site. Loved it. I was really wondering how much of the animation is still done by hand with the traditional stop motion techniques and how much is CGI modeling.

Brad

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
We barely made it half way through the program. It was --- well -- nothing special as far as we could see. Some of it was mildly funny, but overall, we didn't find it entertaining.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I felt about the same. It was OK, but I don't feel a compelling need to watch it again next week.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
It was nice, humorous animation and not the sinking to the lowest level animation like Family guy or American dad, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks