What's new
World Wide Stereo

Creative I-Trigue 3300 vs Altec Lansing or another 2.1 system? (1 Viewer)

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a 2.1 system to add to my laptop here at my college apartment. I'm willing to spend $50-120. I plan to use them for mp3/cd music (Beatles), movies, and computer games. So I hope to get some good bass in there too and clear sound.

Right now I'm looking at the

Creative I-trigue 3300
http://www.nordichardware.com/review...3/itrigue3300/
which I saw at BestBuy for 99
but cheaper online

There's also the Altec Lansing VS4121
http://www.alteclansing.com/product_...D=vs4121&sID=2
which was 129 with a 30 dollar rebate, making it 99 (if you mail in the rebate :P)

I got to demo both of these systems. My dad says Altec Lansing is a good brand, which I don't doubt it is but I think the I-trigue is a better deal (and it has that little remote). (My dad also loves his 5 surround Bose speakers :b haha)

Right now I think I'm going to get the I-trigue 3300. I'm going to check out Fry's on Saturday (15th) and hopefully they have a good price for it.

Anyone have any opinions on these two or have a different option?

Thanks,

728x90

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I will tell you this about Creative I-Trigue and most other Creative subwoofers: They are the boomiest I have ever heard, and their extension is very, very poor. The VS4121 has the 8" driver, and when I have compared it to the other subwoofers on the shelf at the Best Buy, it has very deep bass, that is also well-controlled. I think you would be more pleased with it than the I-Trigue setup. It is basically an updated version of the ATP3, but the subwoofer is better. Far, far better. Take my advice and don't get the i-Trigue. Instead, get the ATP3. Another brand to look at is Cambridge Soundworks. They make some very good stuff. You might look at their MicroWorks 3-piece setup. It looks like Bose cubes but it was designed by Henry Kloss, one of the most well-known and well-respected speaker designers around. Cambridge osundworks stuff in general is quite decent, though.

Fred G

Agent
Actually the Altec Lansing 621s would be your best option. If you cant find those look into the Monsoon planar media 14s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks