What's new

Creating My Own Version of Fellowship of the Ring (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. I don't skip parts of a movie that I've never seen. Singin' in the Rain is a good example. Believe me, I'm missing nothing by skipping that dance at the end, and the movie is changed from a bad one (if that scene is included) to a great one (by skipping that scene). So I make sure I'm not missing out on any important information. For a long time I refused to even buy SITR. But then I figured, why deprive myself of a great movie just because it has one bad part. Just skip that part. If that makes me a philistine in some people's eyes, I can live with that. :)

rin

Stunt Coordinator
As for The Stand (and the updated Gunslinger) it's not like the TE/EE because the updates replace the originals (like GL is trying to get SW:SE to do), TE/EE are pretty unique in that they're 2 distinct products
It's actually exactly like the TE/EE in the sense that a longer, original version is substantially edited before release for length concerns(The Stand/FOTR TE), then cut scenes/chapters are reinstated for an extended version(The Stand:Complete and Uncut/FOTR EE) release.

The updates don't replace the originals, just like GL will never get SW:SE to replace the original SW. Just because the OT might not be available on DVD doesn't negate the existence of widescreen VHS and LD versions.

But again, that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks