What's new

Creating a table using vB Code (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I want to reduce the vertical size of my signature by creating a two-box table, putting the pic in the left box, and the text in the right one, so that the height doesn't exceed that of the pic. Can this be done? If so, how do I do it? If I can't I'll just trim the text right down.

Thanks

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Paul:

I really don't want any type of table being used in the body of a message area and that includes signatures. Some have used them for layouts of items and prices, etc. but I discourage their use. I would appreciate you using some other way of modifying your signature.

Thanks,
Parker

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
If you use HTML instead of VBcode for the image you could use the "align=left" syntax to move the picture to the left of the text and let the text wrap around the picture. The code for the image would be:
(img src="http://www.hometheaterforum.com/images/pdalmaine1.jpg" align="left")
Of course substitute for (). Then just leave the rest of the signature alone.
It would come out like this:
Quotes that aren't funny out of context, but which make me smile whenever they cross my mind:
"You don't spin a Manora, you spin a Dredel." Christian Bale, American Psycho
"You're Mr. Roundtree. Like Smarties. Like Shaft." Ben Kingsley, Sexy Beast
"She is a housekeeper. People are housekeepers." Owen Wilson, Bottle Rocket
"All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess." Al Pacino, Glengarry Glen Ross
"New shit has come to light. This could be a lot more uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean it just might, it might not be such a simple, uh, you know?" Jeff Bridges, The Big Lebowski

(Edit: Nevermind. I see HTML is not allowed in signatures.)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
You could alt+prtScrn and store the writing as an image too then stick the two images side by side.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I've changed my sig now, and I think it looks better than before anyway.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks