What's new

Could someone please tell me which 32" HDTV is better (Samsung or Toshiba)? (1 Viewer)

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at the Samsung TXM-3296HF and the Toshiba 32HF72. Both are sold at BB. I think the only difference between the 2 is that the Samsung has a 3-line digital comb filter, while the Tosh has a 3D dcf, and I think the Tosh is the only one that has 3:2 pulldown. After reading a few posts, am I right in saying that the difference in the filters won't affect the picture when watching DVDs, but the lack of 3:2 pulldown will?

There is a $300 price difference between the two and I was wondering if the extra 300 is worth it for the Tosh.

I realize I could get a 47" Panasonic for another extra $300, but I play a lot of videogames(don't want to risk burn in) and watch a good amount of tv in addition to DVD movies.

Scott_AH

Stunt Coordinator
I sell both of these in my store and I would say, without a doubt, go with the Toshiba. It doesn't matter how many times I mess with the Samsung's settings--the colors never seem right. I know that someone could probably calibrate it and get it close to good but I just have never been impressed with Samsungs all around. Also, of all the brands we sell, the Samsung's have been among the most troublesome in the repair department. Many have developed that purple-ish color around the corners that TVs get when they're close to a magnet after just a couple weeks. I know this is an easy fix normally but who wants to have to fix anything if they can avoid it. So far, we've had very few problems with our Toshibas. They do, however, have a very weak power button that has broken on a few of them but most people use their remote anyway... I hope this helps a little.

Scott

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help. Are the Samsung tvs really that bad? So far I've only heard good things about them on various boards. And I was reading some of the reviews for the Toshiba on Amazon.com and a couple people were complaining about the image "bowing" slightly in the middle when watching movies. I know I should take those with a grain of salt, but is there any truth to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks