What's new

Could I please have some inwall surround help? (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Hello

I am currently looking to upgrade my Infinity ERS 540 inwall surround speakers that were installed 6 years ago during the Pro-logic era. Here is a link to them I realize they are Indy spec"d down to 75Hz.

My set up is:
Sony DA5ES Receiver
Sony SCDC 222ES SACD/CD Player
Panasonic RP-82 DVD/DVD-Audio Player
Mirage FRx-7 Front Towers
Mirage FRx-C Center Channel
Infinity ERS 540 inwalls
SVS 25-31PCi Subwoofer

The infinity's are only 8"x8" and I do have additional room for larger rectangular speakers. I am not interested in anything other than inwalls (yes I know traditionals yield over all better sound) due to small children, wife acceptance, and most importantly I already have holes with installed inwalls already. The surrounds sound fine for home theater(but I am sure they could sound better) but now that I have multichannel high resolution music in both formats, I need better surrounds. I can really hear their weaknes"s. The Mirage website is down now, but I don't think I really need to match timber for rears as much as front/center. I am looking at these HTD AL-W80-E I really don't want to spend more than 300.00 and do not feel that unless I spend allot, I will really hear much of a difference. I have seen some threads over at avs forum but they are usually talking about high dollar total systems. My main system is entry to mid level now(though sounds great).
Thanks for any input!

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Can you handle a DIY solution? That would be IMO the best value and I would contact madisound.com . They have some NICE wall speakers.

Don_Vernon

Auditioning
I am using HTD inwalls as surrounds and think they work great. They are Level Twos, round 6 1/2" installed in the ceiling. Good build quality, easy to install - a hamster could do it. Excellent value for the money - I am planning to buy more HTD inwalls for another application in my home theater area.

Art_Nel

Auditioning
I am looking at these HTD AL-W80-E I really don't want to spend more than 300.00 and do not feel that unless I spend allot, I will really hear much of a difference
Dan Joy

Where were you able to find a pair of AMS-300 for $300? I'm driving there tomorrow if this is the deal you got

Thx Art_Nel

MikeNg

Second Unit
Check out the RBH Sound inwalls, particularly the MC series. If you can afford them (they're not over the top but they might exceed your 3-cheese budget), I think they offer the best bang/buck. They don't give prices over the 'net so you'll have to hunt down a local rep.

I'm outfitting a 7.1 HT with them. The .1 is supplied by my trusty SVS. :emoji_thumbsup:

RBH Sound Inwalls...

Ah. I see you went with Mirage. Well, hopefully this provides someone else with some info...

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Art,

Man this was a while ago. I live in Tulsa, OK and found a Paradigm dealer in Muskogee,OK. He does not carry Paradigm Reference speakers but game me the pair of AMS-300 for $300.00 cash.
Good Luck!
Dan

PS. Man they sound great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks