What's new

Corpse Bride DVD (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The WalMart "exclusive" version looked cool and I was going to buy it yesterday, but they were selling it for $4 more than the regular version. So, after they rang it up and insisted that it was the "double-pack" and so was not the price posted by the other copies, I told them I wasn't going to buy it or the other version.

Neil

Hannes

Auditioning
The Dolby-Tracks should be encoded in Dolby Digital 5.1 EX. Are all of them flagged? I know that Warner doesn't mention it on the backcover but the title was officially announced in Dolby-EX. It was also in SRD-EX and DTS-ES in the cinemas.

Hannes

Auditioning
SRD-EX is the marking for Dolby Digital Surround EX in the cinema. SRD means Dolby Digital 5.1 and SR = Dolby Analogue = Dolby Surround. SR stands for "Spectral Recording.

Hannes

Auditioning
Ok. Thanks for the information, Brian L. Are all tracks (English, French, Spanish) properly flagged for DD-EX or only the English track?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I have only checked the English 5.1 track, not the others. Perhaps I can check the others today.

Brian

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it.

I can toggle between languages on the fly, and the DDEX light stayed on at all times.

Brian

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member

Am I missing something? The Toy Globe price is $24.95.

These figures appear to be really nice and I just love this movie. Might have to spring for them.

Jamie.G

Auditioning
I picked up the DVD a couple of days ago not having seen it previously at the theater. I was more than satisfied with my purchase :D excellent movie all around. I haven't seen Nightmare Before Xmas in many years but from what I remember (which isn't much, not that there is really any need to compare them anyways...) I think Corpse Bride is just a more charming and more entertaining movie (to me atleast)

As for the film and audio quality. I thought it was great. My reciever detected the full DD EX and the image scaled wonderfully to my 1080p display. Something about animated, movies, particularly corpse bride, brings out the best qualitys in HT systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks