What's new

Cordless Phone Recommedations (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Our Uniden cordless phone bit the dust and we’re looking for a new one. The only thing we need with it is an answering machine. Two handsets would also do. Any recommendations? Looking to spend about $100-$125

I did a search and the last cordless phone thread was from 2003 figured there is some new phones on the market since than.

Thanks for the help.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I've used VTech cordless sets (dual handset sets from 900, 2.4 and now 5.8 frequencies) for years, and I've been very happy with them. I've always used separate answering machines, though, so I can't offer any input on that aspect. But the phones themselves have been great.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I have GE 2.4 gHz cordless phones with two handsets (expandable to four) and a digital answeing machine in the base unit. Love 'em. My sister got two sets of phones without the answering machines (she uses the local Telco's voice mail) after seeing mine. (The 2 handset package with a base unit and charger unit was on sale, so it was cheaper for her to buy two of them than it would have been to buy one and add two expansion handsets. :))

I got 'em at Best Buy, which currently carries the same set for $72.00, so they're well within your price range.

Regards,

Joe

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Just wanted to revisit this topic again since our Panasonic met it's demise at the teeth of our puppy... Any new favorites out there ? That GE does look appealing, but we need a wall mount.

Thanks !

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm leaning on Panasonic at the moment. I need dual 5.8 ghz handsets. 2.4 interferes with my wireless network so those are out.

I need to dig up a thread where someone said that some phones are not true 5.8 ghz and which ones were. I think he ended up with a Panasonic because the others like Vtech and such were not.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Yeah, that was me, Shane. I did go with the Panasonic 3 Handset KX-TG5433. It is true 5.8GHz and I've not had any problems with it interfereing with my home network.

Other than a minor problem I had with one of the auxiliary charge bases, It's been great. (A quick swap out a Wally-World fixed it).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
STAY AWAY FROM UNIDEN!!!! FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!! :D (See linked thread for the reason why)

Yes, Pansonic is always a safe bet no matter which one you get.

I forget the model I have, but I've not had a single issue with my Pansonic 5.8gHz interfering with my wireless B/G network.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if Motorola still makes it, but my MD480 system is nice (and about, oh, two years old or so).

stevelavey

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Lavey
I like the new Panasonic KX-TG1033S DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Answering Maching. The small footprint and big LCD combine with a built-in all-digital answering system to answer all my needs -- It also expands to 6 handsets.

DECT 6.0 technology provides great quality, reduces interference, extended talk time, long ranges and incredibly clear sound clarity. The digital answering machine offers quick and easy storage of messages; features 16 minutes of recording time, caller ID and call waiting. Also note that he messages on the answering machine are not lost on power failure as they are stored in the flash memory.

It operates in 1.9GHz frequency range for less interference and the cordless phone does not get affected by other networking wireless devices such as keyboards, routers and other small household appliances such as microwaves.

The cordless phone system features 17 hours of extendable talk time, digital handset speakerphones, alarm clock, 3-way conferencing capability that allows use of three handsets at the same time; night mode program on each handset that allows you to set your handset to ring or vibrate upon sleeping; text to speech technology, phonebook sharing, backlit LCD display and light up indicators that lets you view the incoming calls and the messages.

Steve Lavey
Cordless Phones Info
Cordless Phone News and Reviews — Helping Buyers Select the Best Cordless Phones

mikq

Auditioning
Real Name
mik
Hi, two weeks ago I bought very good Cordless Phones. 2LINE CORDLESS PHONE DECT 6.01 HNDST BLK/SLVR, SPK 1 HANDSET 50-name/number caller ID (activation required).

mikq

Auditioning
Real Name
mik
Hi, two weeks ago I bought very good Cordless Phones. 2LINE CORDLESS PHONE DECT 6.01 HNDST BLK/SLVR, SPK 1 HANDSET 50-name/number caller ID (activation required).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks