What's new

Cool trick you can do with a directview TV (1 Viewer)

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
At night, when it's pretty dark in your bedroom, place your hand on the screen of the TV and flip on the lights for about 5 seconds. Now, turn off the lights and remove your hand from the screen. Notice there is an image of your hand on the screen now. Must have to do with the Phosphers on the screen reacting to the light, causing the rest to glow in the dark, but the area underneath your hand doesn't get affected. I think it works best if you have Flourescent lighting.

TRY IT!!!

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Well, I had my motherboard box resting on top of my TV. I noticed it was blocking some of the light getting to the TV and when I shut it off, it sort of looked like a widescreen movie after I shut the lights off. So, I tried an experiment, put my hand on the screen, flipped on the lights for about 5 seconds. Shut them off, and removed my hand. And TADA, an imprint of my hand was on the screen.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the land of curiosity. It sounds like that really interests you. You like knowing how things work. You want to know how things work. I bet you're an engineer or you work with your hands or you're a scientist, if not, then you are these things in a parallel universe. Perhaps the TV screen is the gateway to this parallel universe. Try this. Put your whole body against the TV screen and turn on the lights, then turn them off. Now when you turn on the TV, you'll be sucked into the parallel universe and you can continue your curious ways in the other dimension. Heheh.

Seriously though, I always noticed that. When the TV is off and you have the lights on, the TV gives off a wee bit of light after you turn the lights off because the phosphors are giving off that light. What is interesting, is that its extremely dull, its relatively even and its all the same colour of blah. Now here's the fun part. Cut out a pattern on a peice of cardboard and get red, green and blue lights and have fun. Use you TV as a light brite!

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ah lite brite, those things rocked.... it was the most fun you could have sitting in a dark room with multicoloured lights everywhere... at least untill yuo discovered bars and alachol :D
seriously though, i thought i was the only one who became an engineer out of terminal curiousity....... funny how none of my jobs satisfy that curiousity though

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And has anybody ever taken a strong magnet and waved it just in front of a direct-view set's tube? It makes all these swirling patterns and stuff on the picture, and there are lots and lots of colors. It's like being at the Pink Floyd lightshow/laser show thingies held at the Griffith Observatory on summer nights in L.A.

Have you ever seen how cone-type drivers in your speakers move a lot when you play them real, real loud? The woofers really move a lot. But after you punch a hole in them with a pencil, they don't move as much.

That's funny.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Jack,
You should be careful with some of the stuff you say. Someone might just try it ;) . You should put some kind of disclaimer* next time.
*do not try this at home unless you are willing to buy next equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks