What's new

convergence on my pt47wx52 (1 Viewer)

Paulydoo

Auditioning
I'VE HAD MY PANNY FOR ONE WEEK, GENERALLY PRETTY HAPPY ALTHOUGH I'M FINDING PICTURE ALITTLE DARK AND NOT AS FOCUSED AS I'D LIKE ALTHOUGH UNTIL DISH IS SETUP I'M RUNNING ON CABLE. I'M HAVING A FULL CONVERGENCE DONE ON NOV.15 AND AM HOPING TO GET ALITTLE EDUCATED ON THIS...ANYONE?...THE GUY SAYS HE BRINGS A GENERATOR OF SOME SORT, TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AND USES THE REMOTE TO DO IT. I GUESS I ASSUMED A PROPER CONVERGENCE WAS DONE WITH PANEL OFF AND THE REMOTE TWEAKING WAS FOR NOVICES SUCH AS MYSELF. HE SAYS THE OLDER AND SOME NEWER BIGSCREENS WERE DONE WITH THE PANEL OFF BUT THIS ONE IS DONE VIA REMOTE AND A TECH. ONLY SPECIAL CODE. IS THIS THE PROPER WAY TO FULLY TWEAK THIS SET, JUST WANT THIS BABY TO LOOK THE BEST IT CAN, WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Using the remote you can access the 'service menu' where a large amount of convergence tweaking can be done. So, yes, it is possible to do a very thorough convergence using the remote BUT if he only intends on spending an hour I would be concerned. If he intended to do the coarse and fine convergences that can be accessed through the service menu it would take him well over an hour. Look into an ISF calibration.

Paulydoo

Auditioning
Thanks, I'LL ASK ABOUT A ISF CALIBRATION, WHAT DOES THAT ENTAIL AND IS IT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE WHEN THE CONVERGENCE IS DONE. THE TECH THATS DOING IT DID MENTION THERE IS MORE INTERNAL TWEAKING HE CAN DO BUT ITS CLOSE TO A 400.00 BILL! I WILL ASSUME THE CONVERGENCE WILL GET TO WHERE I WOULD LIKE IT. SINCE I'M GETTING THIS SERVICE DONE AS PART OF THE SALE I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND ASK WHEN THE TECH IS HERE, IE: ISF CALIBRATION!? OR ANYTHING ELSE.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Paulydoo,
First off turn of the caps, its as if your shouting. Secondly if he's talking $400 its more than likely an ISF calibration, just ask him. ISF from what I've read should be done after 100hours of operation time. I just got my Panny 47 a week ago and plan on doing my own tweaking before I call in the pro's. As well as doing the convergence make sure he does the Manual and E-focus if your finding the picture fuzzy. As far as picture being too dark try
Color - 27
Tint - 29
Brightness - 33
Picture - 32
Sharpness - 12
These are some numbers a fellow HTF/Panny 47 owner gave me. I just haven't had time to calibrate with AVIA, yet the picture quality while watching a movie was great.
Checkout www.panny.tv
Kevin

Paulydoo

Auditioning
Thanks , is the manual e-focus something simple he can do when he does the convergence and excuse my ignorance but are those setting numbers re. color, tint etc. you gave me the ones set in the picture mode. I set it to those specs and the pic was really dark. I have to almost max the brightness(high 50's) out it seems. I can't believe this is normal to have the others set in or around the middle(high 20's low 30's) and the brightness way up the ladder. My brightness at 33 was extremely dark. I'm curious if anyone else out there has this "brightness problem" with there panny. Thanks guys, any additional inf. appreciated and I will check out the panny.tv site.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
My brightness at 33 was extremely dark
With that number my picture is bright enough. One problem I am having right now is white lettering being blurry. I plan on doing the E/M focus myself. Does look too hard at all. Just got to get the nerve up to open the set.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.