What's new

Control w/360 knob (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Does anyone know where I can get a PC controller that has one of those 360 degree rotating knobs? (Not a joystick) I'd like to play some of the retro games the way they were meant to be played (Breakout, Galaga, Tempest)!

I'd even be curious if these exist for the N63 or Gamecube; though I'm not sure what retro games are available for those platforms.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
If by N63 you mean N64, there was something like this released at one point. It was a small, $12 foam rubber wheel called True Steer 64 and was made by an outfit called Invent-tech. The way it worked was that it snapped over the analog stick on your regular N64 controller and converted rotational movement of the wheel into left-right movement of the analog stick. It was intended mainly for racing games (with which it apparently didn't work very well) but could conceivably work as a paddle controller as well.

As for retro games for the N64 that could take advantage of the device, there's Galga, Galaxian and Pole Position (which were included in Namco Museum 64), and also the remakes of Asteroids and Space Invaders, although I'm not sure about Asteroids since some versions of that game have you push up on the joystick to thrust forward, which wouldn't be possible with this device. Unfortunately I have no idea where you can find it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks