What's new

Console Price Drop gossip--could be happening soon (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Mine plays just fine.. and to most of the public it is a benefit as they dont have an expensive HT setup to highlight any shortcomings.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The PS2 and X-Box both play DVDs (to be fair, the X-Box requires the $30 dongle, but the PS2 would require the remote to equal what the X-Box DVD player has since the dongle has a remote with it, so the price is just about even). The quality of the playback is questionable, and no it's not that great, but it works nonetheless.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Actually I used to be a serious die hard ps2 man myself. But once I stepped into the hdtv widescreen world. I gave my ps2 to my 3 yr old daughter, so she could watch dvd's in her room.
PS2 looks like $#!T on my big screen so I stopped playing it and lost interest in its games (besides the ones that are 480p, but then no Dobly digital).
Xbox answered my prayers with halo, and some sports games. But after that, Xbox sucks for me. Just waiting for Halo 2 to come out. I wish Xbox could have GTA iii/VC, and Devil may Cry, then I'd be set.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
PS2 looks like $#!T on my big screen
That's strange. It looks just fine on my HS10 projector. I was playing Ratchet and Clank the other day via S-Video and I thought the game still looked great on my big screen.

In fact, I've seen some Xbox games that look worse than PS2 ones once they're put on my 108" screen.

Glen

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
No shit? Hmmm, I don't know what to tell ya, maybe it was just the game I was playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks