What's new

Considering buying Bose, can you believe it?! (Aviation..) (1 Viewer)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Any opinions?? regarding the Aviation X headset, - would be appreciated. Considering an immediate purchase for my pilot for Christmas present.
Any locations for discounted pricing known? (Bose seems to have prices locked in at all retailers.)

Any aviators here have experince with the Bose X aviation headset?
Never thought I’d be purchasing Bose but the pilot reviews grant high praise to this headset.
Any thoughts on this set from HTF-ites who also happen to be pilots?

The comfort level for long strenuous flights is supposed to very high with less fatigue due to clamping.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
The Bose headsets are supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't personally tried them. My 10-year-old Dave Clarks are doing fine... if you pay attention, just about every time a pilot is shown on TV or in the movies, he'll be wearing Dave Clarks- you can tell from the light green color, which they actually have a trademark on.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
He has an old set of the DC’s which are PNR, I’m aware these could be converted to ANR but the owners he flys with most often dislike his DC’s, accusing the Clarks of creating occasional incompatibility glitches messing with the com when various branded headsets are mixed together in cockpits. In my research for a ANR set, I have run into occasional squawk on the web regarding some pilots who have experinced incompatibility when rotating their DC's to various planes. (weird since DC’s are out there in vast numbers- and I never heard this about the iconic DC's till researching this new purchase of ANR's).

He now requires ANR, and two of the pilots fly with the Bose version. (one plus for the Bose purchase would give most of his flights uniformity in branding in the cockpit)
Comfort is a second plus since some of these flights are precision courses which cannot deviate even one degree for up to 5 hours. Its exhausting work and headset fatigue does not help.

As much as I hate supporting the Bose business model, during my initial research via the web I was a surprised at finding pilots highly complementary in support of the X, particularly as regards the comfort level of the headpiece, (a major plus in my husbands type of flights).

One drawback; fresh spare batteries become a mandatory flightkit accessory since the passive capability of the set is exceptionally poor. I cannot purchase the paneled powered version as the one set would transition with him across several flightdecks and various com installs.

I was hoping an electronics hobbist/expert in HTF, who happens to fly, had looked under the hood of various currently available brandings (seinhausser/newer DC's et all) in the current crop of ANR sets as regards construction/quality/ reliablity and intelligibility under adverse higher db's conditions.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
One of my colleagues is a pilot and he swears by the Bose headset when flying. And no...he has no other Bose equipment in his HT setup. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks