What's new
World Wide Stereo

Considering a Hitachi 51S500 (1 Viewer)

jonathan_paul

Auditioning
Went to Circuit City to look at hdtv's and was really impressed by the 51s500. It looked like it had about the best picture of all the the rear projection units there. Anyone have any opinions on the 51s500 or hitachi in general? What about a mitsubishi, I guees circuit city doesn't carry them? Anyone suggest a mitsubishi unit that is comprabable to the 51s500 in price and picture quality.

728x90

John S

Senior HTF Member
In looking at them, I would consider the Mitsu's a step up from what I seen out of most Hitachi's. But, I still think your eyes are the most important factor.

I did see some Hitachi's I thought were a little better than the Philips I ended up going with though, I must admit.

Good luck on your purchase, and definetly go to as many places and look at them as possible. I went to a few best buy's and all I can say is the lighting is so bad, I found it hard to gauge how any of their TV's really looked. I found nearly all TV's looked their worst at Best Buy's in general. And any RPTV that is setup on any shelf that is above eye level will just look poor.

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the 51s500 for about 3 months, and I would buy it all over again. The picture is clear and the colors are vibrant, paid a little bit under 2K at CC. You probaly can get a better prices now, Recommended.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 57S500 and the Hit's don't get very much attention over here. But at AVS they get a ton of attention, I love the TV and would do it over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks