What's new

Components on wire shelving??? (1 Viewer)

SteveW

Agent
Just wondering if there is any risk at putting components on wire shelving. Any kind of harmonic vibration or anything else. The reason I ask is because my mother is a sales rep for a company that makes wire shelving so I can get a good price on something custom designed to hold all of my components as well as go over the top of the big screen. Would be alot cheaper than shelling out a grand or more for an entertainment center. And I can get it in custom colors too.

Thanks

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I have my equipment on a old dislay rack that I cleaned up and it has worked very well for me over the past 15+ years. I like the fact that the wire shelves are can be placed anywhere from top to bottom, and I also can change the number of shelves I use. It's very versatile and has kept up with my changing needs over the years.

This setup assures plenty of ventilation for the equipment, although it also means keeping up with dusting duties.

I have not noticed any ill effects using this setup.

Just make sure what you choose will easily support the weight you will be putting on it. It would be a nightmare to have everything come crashing down!

JimmyK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks