What's new

Starting a home theater in an apartment (1 Viewer)

jrpopfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jenny Morgan
We have been wanting to start our home theater project for a while now but never have taken the jump to beginning it. We live in a one bedroom + study apartment, so space is always an issue.

We originally had our set up in the living room, and a second set up in the study with our bedroom in its proper place, but my desires for a home theater set up kept coming up over and over again. So, this weekend we began the process.

This was my original set up in the in the study, with over 500 laserdiscs. We have moved all the media to the living room and have moved our bedroom into this room.

Laserdisc storage now moved to the living room and also a small tv, blu-ray, and laserdisc player with the sofa.

Our small but growing collection of blu-ray, DVDs and HD-DVDs. This is all of our media at the moment, but there is plenty of room to grow the media collection.

This where the home theater will be. This is the bedroom of the apartment. It has 2 closets, one will be where we put the components, the other is still holding our clothes since the study did not have a closet in it.

This is the temporary set up while we design our room. The door behind the little table is the closet for the components. Right now, our equipment is 48" LG HD TV, Comcast HD DVR box, Toshiba HD-DVD player, Samsung A/V Receiver, laserdisc player, Samsung blu-ray player, Sony DVD/VHS combo, and X-Box 360. We have 5.1 sony speakers. The rear speakers are on stands and the wires go underneath the rug.

Our future plans are to building a shelving system for the closet to house the components, wireless speakers, possible theater seating, and some movie decor. Upgrading our equipment will be the last thing and will be on an as needed basis.

Will be posting the updates on this apartment project.

jrpopfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jenny Morgan
Purchased last night at ikea a wooden rack that we are adding casters to so we can hook up the components on then move it into the closet. We got enough shelves for each of the components and spaced them based on what will go on each shelf. I am a little concerned about electricity and air circulation in the closet. I need to find a fan of some kind for the room. The cablebox gets hot so I definitely want to look for something for that and some lighting for the room.

We are having the sofa delivered today too, so later on we should have a almost put together room. Still have slight enhancements to make here and there I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks