What's new

Component Video Cable: AR (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
What brand of AR are you using? Did you check to make sure its not directional? I'm using the AR master series and never had a problem.

Kevin

MichaelM

Agent
It's the mid-grade series, I think it's called Pro or Professional. I did check the other day to make sure it wasn't a directional cable and it's not, as far as I can tell. I didn't even know cables could be directional until I bought an AR Subwoofer cable the other day and just happened to notice the arrows. That's what made me check the component video cable. Could it be that the DVD player is somehow damaging the cable? It just seems hard to believe that I would have the same problem twice with the same type of cable How often do cables fail really?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
The cable may just not be able to handle the bandwidth of the progressive signal. Try the Master series to see if it alleviates the problem.

Kevin

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Cables are not really directional.

The point of "directional" cable for sub is diconnecting the ground on one end to prevent ground looping. By making "direction" arrows- you'll connect the right end to the sub (the altered end to prevent ground loop).

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks