What's new

Component Speaker System VS All-In-One Packages (1 Viewer)

Thomas Stalling

Auditioning
I was wondering about the shift toward smaller, more compact speaker systems now that many home theaterphiles are going with larger HDTVs. There may be several reasons to go with these all-in-one satellite speakers and subwoofer packages, such as the more attractive "living room friendly" designs, and of course the fact that most center channel speakers that are larger will not rest on your HDTVs like they would traditional CRT sets.

However, I am concerned that these all-in-ine packages are not as impressive as piecing a 5.1 speaker system together from separate compoments. I have been a fan of larger speakers, such as bookshelfs and centers with 5 or 6 1/2" woofers for many years now. My question is, are more people shifting toward smaller speaker designs such as you see in store demos or in adds for Crutchfield, etc., to go along with their HDtvs, or are true audiophiles sticking with the larger, but fuller sounding separate 5.1 speakers? Also, where are people placing their center channel speaker when they buy one of these fancy 52" HDTVS?

Elinor

Supporting Actor
I don't know about "true audiophiles" but I don't care what any piece of audio/video gear looks like. I buy it because it makes the best sound/video for the $$ I have available.

That will never change.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I went from a Harmon Kardon HKTS cube type 5.1 system (all I could afford a couple of years ago) to a JBL system with E80 Tower mains, a BEEFY 3 way Ec35 center and so far 2 E10 surrounds. Their is no comparison. Day and night difference. Even my wife said so who thought I was nuts for doing it.

I never heard of any "true" audiophile (not that I am one myself) doing what you are saying.

It is actually the uninformed or those who simply do not care or are not into it, that buy the "Bose" type all in one cube systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks