What's new

Complete speaker system under $1300 (1 Viewer)

RodM

Auditioning
I am looking for advice on a 5.1 speaker system for under $1300. I have a fairly large room (24 ft wide by 18 ft from TV to couch). I have been told that it would be necessary to use tower speakers for fronts because of the size of the room.

I have looked at several models, and really enjoyed the Polk Audio monitor series, but a little pricey for the whole package. Other speakers I have considered are Paradigm, Klipsch, Boston Acoustics, and Acoustech (although I have never listened to those).

Any advice would be appreciated. I am new to this "hobby". I do have a Pioneer Elite VSX-41 receiver, so I should have plenty of power to push any system.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
You could get a monitor system for your budget:

Fronts Monitor 60 $400ish/pr
Rears Monitor 30 $200/pr or Monitor 40 $300/pr
Center CS1 $200
Sub PSW12 $300

For larger rooms I much prefer to do an affordable tower/bookshelf system than a sub/micro system for the same money.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"The ceiling is regular height.. 8 ft."

That's good. High ceiling could have complicated matters. If you have any questions on the Ascend packages, let me know.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks