What's new

*** Coming from ARTISAN: Rambo Deluxe Set, Stargate SE and MORE. Look inside.... (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I received a sheet with this year's lineup
of DVD releases from Artisan Entertainment.
Something really bothers me about this list.
With the exception of Reservoir Dogs, why
is this company re-releasing Special Edition
product all over again?
Perhaps this is just simple repackaging, perhaps
it's a total makeover. I wasn't given much additional
information, so I am just going to pass on to you
what I know....
February: Soul Survivors (Eliza Dushku)
April: Novacaine (Steve Martin)
May: Good Advice (Charlie Sheen)
May: Snow White (Miranda Richardson)
May: Rambo 1-2-3 DVD SE Box Set (Stallone)
July: Reservoir Dogs SE (Harvey Keitel)
July: Dinotopia (Tyron Leitso)
August: Van Wilder (Tara Reid)
September: It's a Wonderful Life SE (Stewart)
September: Stargate DVD SE (Kurt Russell)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I just saw over at DVD Shrine the "short" version of the list, with R. Dogs, Stargate, Wonderful Life, and Rambo only mentioned. Thanks for putting this up, Ron!

I'm fine with the Rambo set I've got, and I can only think of a couple of things that would make me buy an SE of W. Life. But I've still got the flipper Stargate that came free with my DVD player (along with Stepmom, Lethal Weapon 4, Six Days Seven Nights, and :shudder: Lost In Space).

Maybe that means I can finally get a decent update to the flipper?...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know I'm not imagining this - there was also mention (months ago) of a special edition on the way for ANGEL HEART. Anyone else remember this? The disc now sells for about seven bucks, which is often a sign that old inventory is being moved to make way for a special edition.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If they're going to do it right, they'll make sure the director's cut is available once again, except this time anamorphic w/o the crappy crappy transfer surrounding them. If other regions can do it, so can they!

I will ONLY rebuy for great extras and an aanamorphic transfer

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I hope when they release Stargate again, they pay attention to the new scenes which are inserted into the film at various points. The picture quality on these is very poor even on the anamorphic R2 version.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sorry, but I think I'll be passing on all these reissues after being burned on the previous ones. Considering the number of times I really need to see Stargate, I already have more versions than I can use.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Note in passing...

"It's A Wonderful Life" is via Republic Pictures through Artisan, since Republic actually owns the film.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Jo_C, Artisan *owns* Republic Pictures. Says so on their web site. They also own Live Entertainment, Vestron Pictures and (I believe) Carolco. Well, they own those movie catalogs anyway.
Still, I want Artisan to release the 1987 horror flick "The Gate" on DVD.

bill lopez

Second Unit
Thanks Ron! But I thought you weren't going to post early dvd releases anymore after the Paramount releases.

Happy to see FIRST BLOOD spec. ed. coming.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Oh cool, I was just watching Star Gate on TV(in widescreen, thank you very much Sci-Fi Channel), and was wondering if it been on DVD. Now if it can be anamorpic and have be done right for once and for all. And plus Reseravor Dogs, a movie my brother loves and wanted on DVD.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Artisan does not own Republic. Viacom owns Republic; Artisan merely has a long-term license for releasing the Republic catalog on DVD. Not a minor difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks