It's a Wonderful Life?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Budgell, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    What ever happened to this? On Amazon.com it has "Wonderful" paired up with "Miracle on 34th Street (Fox)" as a 2 disc set expected on October 15, 2002. No specs though. Any guesses?
    -
    January 21st, 2002
    Artisan looks ahead - 12:01am
    As 2002 starts to get into gear, inevitably we DVD enthusiasts feel the need to predict what cool recent releases and catalog titles might be on the way to feed our addiction. Artisan already has our number, however, as they recently sent out a nice little mini-calendar of some of their upcoming 2002 DVD releases.
    In addition to recent theatrical flicks like Soul Survivors due this February, as well as the Steve Martin comedy Novocaine in April, Good Advice in May, and the comedy Van Wilder in August, other notable releases include the Miranda Richardson version of Snow White and a spiffy redone Rambo Trilogy boxset in May, and the TV miniseries event Dinotopia and a new Reservoir Dogs special edition following in July. -Even more interesting are - yep! - new special editions of the perennial classic It's A Wonderful Life and the sci-fi hit Stargate in September (which would make this the third DVD release in only four years.) No specs yet released on these, but stay tuned in the months ahead for more details...
    -

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Considering It's A Wonderful Life is the perennial Christmas holiday film...

It might make sense to re-issue the film around late October or sometime in November?

3. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    dvdpricesearch.com is now showing this title though their specs say 1 disc. However, dvdplanet and digitaleyes both show it as 2 disks. http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.c...D&affilate=DPS
    Who knows anything about this new set? Will it contain the extras that were on the previous Wonderful Life? (I forgot if Miracle had any extras.) Will it fix the sound glitch that occurs early on in Wonderful Life (when George Bailey gets his free suitcase)?

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I got my review copy the other day.

Unfortunately my vacation starts today.

Perhaps next week I'll review this.

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I think it makes sense to pair these movies together. They are both classic movies about Xmas and I could easily see these back to back.