What's new

*** Coming from ARTISAN: Rambo Deluxe Set, Stargate SE and MORE. Look inside.... (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Mark Zimmer,
The following is taken, word for word, from Artisan's official web site, www.artisanent.com
"Artisan's library was developed through the acquisition of companies including Republic Pictures, Vestron and Carolco."
This seems to indicate that Artisan does indeed own Republic Pictures, yes?
Read it for yourself in the section titled "The Company".

Luis A

Second Unit
I'll purchase Stargate if anamorphic, and a DTS track would be nice. Too bad "The Arrival" wasn't on the list.:)
L

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Artisan won't screw up Stargate for a third time. Hopefully Artisan won't use their "general public want cheap DVDs and they pefer full frame" excuse with any of the titles Ron mentioned as they did with Sleepless when it came to DVD.
Since Artisan is now re-releasing It's A Wonderful Life, maybe they can re-release Invasion of the Body Snatchers. :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Artisan, are you ever going to release Glengarry Glen Ross??!!
And you are also sitting on some foreign classics like La Strada and Santa Sangre

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...likely Artisan will take the existing STARGATE-SE and make it 16:9-which they could and *should* have done in the first place. It will be interesting to hear the new excuse as to why this is now "suddenly" possible...

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Artisan, are you ever going to release Glengarry Glen Ross??!!
Last I read, they said they don't own it anymore. In fact, I've never seen a definitive answer as to who owns it currently.

I don't know how they could do better than the current First Blood disc. It has great extras, including one of the finest commentary tracks ever, and I doubt the video could look better. The audio is quite suitable as well. I'm not interested in a artificial 5.1 track.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If they are re-doing Stargate then they had better use a completely different source to transfer from. This was one of the worst transfers I have ever seen on DVD. The amount of edge enhancement was rediculous

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
If Stargate is anamorphic and has a DTS track, I'll buy it! This is one of my favorite movies, so I just hope that they will do a very good job this time!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Brook: LA STRADA will be released shortly by Criterion.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I hope when they release Stargate again, they pay attention to the new scenes which are inserted into the film at various points. The picture quality on these is very poor even on the anamorphic R2 version.
that's because those "extra" scenes were edited on 480 4x3 lbxed video and were processed to convert them to 16x9 for those transfers. They weren't transfered to 16x9 directly from film like the rest of the movie.

wonder how they'll address this issue with the SE. Of course, they haven't even said that it will be 16x9. They'll probably whimp out yet again.

-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks