What's new

Columbia- CANDYMAN special edition (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Columbia, Candyman is an excellent horror film and deserves some cool extras, which I'm sure wouldn't be that hard to find/make. This is a film that is loved by many horror fans, and I am sure you would get a lot of sells on a Candyman SE. Seriously, a lot of people would appreciate this. So PLEASE reissue Candyman as a special edition! It is a great film that deserves great treatment.

Will K

Screenwriter
Couldn't have said it better myself. IMHO, this is the best horror film of the 90's easily. I'd love to see a 16x9 remaster in 5.1 with lots of goodies.
------------------
It rubs the DVD on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.
My Scary DVD Collection

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
yes! I'm not the only one that thinks that Columbia should do a big SE of this film...Now if they would just go back and do a SE of Bram Stokers Dracula I'd be happy...

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Never before had a film so well blended horror and erotic elements like CANDYMAN.
I would as well love to have a Special Edition of this film. Complete with new transfer, new soundtrack, any extra footage, and interview-/commentary with Tony Todd, Virginia Madsen and Clive Barker. This would be a must have for anyone that loves and collects horror on DVD.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I agree ! With Scream and Hellraiser, Candyman is one of the best 90s horror movie ! It's even more than a "simple" horror movie, it offers a very good script ! It deserves an uncut SE !
Vincent
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)
[Edited last by Vincent Matis on November 13, 2001 at 04:01 PM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I too would love to see Candyman Uncut in Special Edition form. There is a HUGE Clive Barker following that would more than pay for the SE release on it's own.
Plus, if the rumors are true about Nightbreed SE coming, a Candyman SE release at the same time or close to each other would benefit sales.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Having met Clive Barker around the time of this film's premiere, I don't ever recall anything having been cut from this film. There are no obvious edits (unlike what was done to the intial theatrical release of "Lord of Illusions" and the more content-based cuts in "Nightbreed").
While a nice SE would be swell, methinks that you need to get your facts straight before clamoring for a so-called "uncut" version.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
The uncut remark is mentionned because at the time of the DVD release, several members of the forum claimed that it was not the 'uncut/theatrical' version...
Don't know if there was any truth to these assertions.
Vincent
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

Will K

Screenwriter
I don't believe there were any MPAA-mandated cuts when the movie was released. Bernard Rose shot the movie with a fair amount of blood and got away with it, but I don't recall any censorship issues at the time.
As far as that rumor about cuts being made on the DVD--false. Having been very familiar with this movie, no alterations were apparent on the DVD version.
------------------
It rubs the DVD on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.
My Scary DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks