What's new

Colossus: The Forbin Project coming from Universal (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From Link Removed :

Universal has set an official date for the first time releases of Cloak & Dagger, Colossus: The Forbin Project, Commandments, The Cure, Little Miss Marker (1980), Missing, Private School, Splitting Heirs and Sweet Liberty. Each of the titles will form part of Universal's November 2004 Studio Selections, and each of them will be available to own from the 23rd November this year. The retail prices should be set at around $9.99 a piece. I'm afraid we have no further details on these titles yet, although it's safe to say that these will mostly be barebones releases. We'll bring you the official artwork very shortly. Stay tuned.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
According to the Universal Website MOST of these titles will be Full Frame. HOPEFULLY it is a mis-print. In December they have ICEMAN listed as Full Frame. If Universal goes the route of $ONY it will really suck. But I will save money though.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
As long as "The Forbin Project" is WS I'm all over it. Otherwise I'll stick with my WS Laserdiac. ;)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Universal's website also has the excellent CHARLEY VARRICK (1973), amongst some other December catalog announcements, set for release on 12/28/04, although it is also listed as "Full-Frame":

http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...12%2F01%2F2004

--a disturbing new trend in catalog releases from NBC/Universal, or just sketchy pre-release info from the studio (to be rectified closer to street date)?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Hey, if SSSSSS... can be released in widescreen, then there's hope for everything to be released OAR. I'd be very surprised that Universal would release these full-frame. Their website is frequently wrong.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would also be surprised if these didn't have decent anamorphic OAR transfers after the anamorphic reissues of the Image licensed titles.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i've been overall very happy with the way Universal has released its catalog titles.
apart from a few glitches as to framing, etc- they have consistently been issuing anamorphic transfers at great price points.
at least the material released within the last 2 yrs.

the only thing i would be worried about, is any changes in policy that come up due tot he recent buy out by NBC.
i hope the website is merely inaccurate.

with all the tv product in the stages of getting released- the first offerings of film noirs, the Marx Brothers, and the new Monster sets- Universal has made up for a lot of lost ground this year.
i would hate to see them begin to slide backwards.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Re: Full Frame. Seems to me they had listed titles FF and then updated to Anamorphic when the Cover Art is added. It would not make sense to have Private School OAR and not Iceman.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Short Cuts and now Colossus... man oh man. (fingers crossed for Prince of the City)

They gotta release it though in it's correct screen ratio. Crikey, why release it otherwise?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
According to davisdvd.com:

Cloak & Dagger, Colossus: The Forbin Project, Commandments, The Cure, Little Miss Marker (1980), Missing, Private School, Splitting Heirs, Sweet Liberty; DECEMBER 28TH: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Izzy & Moe, The Prince and the Surfer, Skateboard Madness, Ski School 2. All these Universal titles come with new anamorphic or appropriate fullscreen transfers and retail $9.99 apiece.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
YES! Great, great news!

Agh! Shit! FINALLY!

They both better be 2.35:1 anamorphic, though.

Phew. Yes. I need to lie down...

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Does this phrase mean that the release will be Fullscreen if its OAR was Fullscreen? :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks