What's new

Coke Blãk (pronouced "Black") (1 Viewer)

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Run out and get some Passover Coke if you can. I drink Coke Zero as my soft drink of choice but it's nice to have a real sugar Coke every now and then.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm drinking it right now and I have to say I'm not quite sure...

While I don't think I'll buy any more, I can't say that it's disgusting. At first it just tasted like Coke with coffee syrup in it, but the more I drink it, the more it starts to taste like Kahlua. Almost like a Kahlua soda (if you like that sort of thing) :D

I would recommend not trying this because it's definitely gonna be one of those acquired tastes. Oh well.

Case of rum, case of rum ;)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
As Prentice noted, Coca-Cola made for use during Passover contains actual sugar. It cannot contain high fructose corn syrup because Ashkenazic (northern European Jewish) rabbinic authorities disallow it. Sephardim (southern European and Middle Eastern Jews) don't have the same prohibition. Sephardim can also have beans, peas, soy, and rice, unlike Ashkenazim, so they end up having a much more enjoyable holiday.

Just a bit of relevant info, erev Pesach. Chag sameach!;)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I've never had any problem going 8 days without beans, peas, soy, and rice. I eat that stuff all the time anyway (except peas...I hate cooked peas), so it's nice to have something different. But thank you for the Kosher for Passover Coke products. I wouldn't make it 8 days without soda. And Dr. Brown's is much too expensive.

Oh, if you are looking for Kosher for Passover Coke products, it's only regular Coca Cola and regular Diet Coke. They have yellow caps with the Orthodox Union symbol (U inside an O) with a P next to it.

EDIT: Also, it's only available around Passover, and in limited quantities. Passover starts tonight at sundown, so it's probably sold out for the year in most locations.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I haven't had the Coke Blak, but did have a Black Cherry Vanilla Coke today. I like regular Cherry Coke, but have never liked Vanilla Coke. Black Cherry Vanilla Coke beats both of them. It was really good.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
”Here in Texas one can get Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar; it really is better” Tis true. My mother has actually driven to shop that town (forget where the factory is) to buy cases of those to bring home.

I don’t do cold drinks cept once in a blue moon. When it’s cold in winter and I’m tired of hot chocolate. Every now & then Dr. Pepper heated hot with fresh lemon.

In the summer cold drinks make me feel thirstier and sticky ...so I stay with water.
BUT in Mexico, The 7-ups are incredible made with real sugar. If your lucky enough to have one of those tiny room fridge’s actually work, (colder than 5 degrees above room temp) after a day on the beach in the salt..There is nothing better while dressing for dinner.

Strangely. I am a coffee nut, but can’t stand coffee laced with liqueur or coffee flavored ice-cream (anything coffee flavored....other than coffee). I don’t like flavored coffee’s, (vanilla, café latte’s etc).

Basicly good quality 100% Colombian style mixs, black, no sugar, no cream. I wouldn’t like the Coke Blak.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
I like it. A lot...

I've actually been having it for a while now, and it's not at all what I initially expected. At first, you get Coca-Cola...and seemingly...just Coca-Cola, but it's that aftertaste that gets you, a rich almost mocha-like aftertaste. That's all I'm going to say about that, but I've been buying it and will continue to (goes quite well with a pipe). I have to hand it to their taste chemists, I haven't been keen on any of the flavored Coke variations of late, but this is a different beast.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Marys after my heart. I agree completely with her, except I do like a cafe Mocha with whipped cream, as long as it tastes of chocolate, not coffee. Things that taste like coffee, other than actual black coffee, taste crappy. Burnt crappy, to be exact. Like burned hazelnut shell crappy to be even more exact.

Actaully, what really tastes crappy is "Greens". Have any of you seen this? It's a powder that you put in a cup of water or juice and it's supposed to give you the dietary intake equivalent of I believe, 100lbs of vegitables. It tastes like old, dry, pooped on cut lawn. I tried it in black coffee, and it was one of the most horrific things I've drank. It tastes pretty good in apple juice though. I don't actually care for apple juice, but I don't mind it with greens. What's that all about? The powder that makes everything taste like dry poopy lawn clippings makes a juice I don't like taste better.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

??? Are you soaking your shag tobacco in coke blak and than smoking it?? Does it lean you out??

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm the same way with coffee, banana, and strawberry. If it's not the real product, then it's kind of gross to me. I HATE coffee, banana, and strawberry flavorings in products.

Yes, coffee is bad because it's too sweet when it's a 'flavoring' - I think that's what I don't like about this Coke Blak, the coffee is too 'syrupy' tasting. It would probably be better if it were real coffee.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I can't tell you about Jagger, but in the late 80's, after Iggy got sober, a friend of mine met his manager and photographer at a party. He asked the manager how the Popster kept his lean physique. The manager repiled "The 90 minute Iggy Pop workout. Every time he goes on stage he does 90 minutes that would kill a professional athlete." A couple months after that, I saw Iggy at his recorded live concert at The Channel in Boston. After seeing him hanging by his legs from a pipe in the ceiling, doing vertical situps and singing "I wish life could be Swedish magazines", I'm inclined to believe the manager about the ferocity of his "workout". The photographer sent my friend a great photo of Iggy on stage at that concert with clouds of steam rising off his back, clutching the microphone like a madman. After the 90 minutes of music was over, Iggy was outside the club thanking people as they left. One of the best, if not the very best shows I've ever seen.

Sorry for the OT.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Lots of good info there, thanks for that.

What do you think of the latest sweetener, Splenda? Seems hard to find anything overly negative about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks