What's new

Coils hitting? metallic sound heard (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I'm listening to a beethoven CD on my harman kardon receiver and paradigm mini monitors set to small (100 hz and above), but no matter what the volume, on some certain parts (meaning I can replay parts of the CD and it will come up again) I hear this high treble metallic click. It has happened on other cds too (star wars soundtrack), but not noticeable on other -real- music other than classical things.
What is this click I hear? I bet it's damaging my speakers but what is it, I don't get how it could be the speaker not being able to reach low enough since it's crossed at 100 hz.
I'm using monster speaker 12G cables (3 feet in length).
Thanks,
ELmO

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Since it happens no matter what the volume, and at the same place in the disc that would tend to suggest a problem with the disc. Now, that doesn't mean the disc is bad, just that when it was recorded, they didn't pay close enough attention to details. I don't know which particular disc you are talking about, but there are tons of cheaply made classical discs that have recording problems. Seek out better recordings. Is it damaging your speakers? I don't see how it could be helping them.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I agree they are probably badly recorded cds, this is the beethoven symphony collection by the cleveland orchestra, but immediately when I popped them in I hear light fuzz (as if the volume is too loud and the speakers can't handle it) at any volume level.

I have some cds I made from mp3s that sound 2X better than this (without any fuzz on volume), going to try finding this song on morpheus and burn it to a CD and seeing if it -clicks- in the same spot.

-ELmO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks